Re: Networks not reachable from FIOS as if there's no route
zeng
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since you mention phone support I won't expect anything useful from scheduled vz phone callback then. Also I'd add that chat support is not up to task for this kind of problem either. All they can do appears to be reading from their monitoring system giving them good/bad and when it's "good" customers just get told to "factory resetting your router" or "reboot your router".  PS: I'm new FIOS customer for 2mos just switched from Spectrum

Thanks a bunch with the tip I'll try twitter first.

zeng
Enthusiast - Level 3

Being a looking glass yet the bgp part is completely broken for me with empty result. Anyone had any success?

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

To be honest, I suspect you'll have a hard time getting any of their support channels to understand your request.  Their support staff are setup to handle the vast majority of users, which are people who don't know an IP address from a router.  But we know what will happen if you don't even try their support - nothing.  And, you may get a support tech who is able to understand and escalate the issue.

zeng
Enthusiast - Level 3

I guess third time's the charm.  After two chats and one scheduled call back, the last one I communicate with over the phone actually log a ticket for me. Hours spent on this and it's so hard to get proper support. 

A repair ticket <XXXXXXX> has been created for your service trouble and will be resolved on 07/03 by 5pm. Repair charges may apply.

If you need to reschedule your appointment or if your service is now working properly, just let us know by clicking verizon.com/managerepair.

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hello zeng. Since your issue is not hardware-related, it may be out of scope for the official tech support. I would suggest you to cancel the repair ticket as it may incur a $99 tech visit fee to your account.

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I just pinged and tracerouted those two IPs. They appear to be perfectly fine for me.

imageMTR

zeng
Enthusiast - Level 3

121.51.175.17 121.51.22.64 182.254.52.163 182.254.60.11 are the ones in question.

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did they open an internal case that escalates the issue, or did the schedule a tech visit.  If they scheduled a tech visit, cang_household has given you excellent advise.  A field tech isn't going to do anything with this issue.  If someone comes to your home, they will do nothing but shrug their shoulders and you may be charged for the visit.

Like I said, phone support doesn't understand issues like this.  Use the twitter or VZDirect link I posted earlier, they are much better with stuff like this.

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I received the following:

PING 121.51.22.64 (121.51.22.64) 56(84) bytes of data.
From 100.41.13.126 icmp_seq=156 Destination Net Unreachable
From 100.41.13.126 icmp_seq=244 Destination Net Unreachable
From 100.41.13.126 icmp_seq=311 Destination Net Unreachable

Destination Net Unreachable instead of Destination Host Unreachable means Verizon layer 3 does not know how to route to the subnet. I will do further testing to see whether the peering layer 3s do not know how to route either. I did find the IPs belong to Tencent. Are you trying to access certain resources on WeiXin or QQ?

zeng
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think what happened was that over the phone, FIOS support opened that ticket to their 'network' team.

And I followed the link managerepair to see if cancellation was necessary. Turns out this is a different portal than their FIOS support. I made clear to them that this is internal VZ issue and there'd be no charge to me. So ticket is left open.

I used Twitter but no one responded to me.

So far I check VZ/Sprint/ATT/HE.NET. Previous two do not have the routes while the last two do. Lots and lots of routes appear to be missing besides

121.51.174.0/23
121.51.22.0/23
182.254.52.0/23
182.254.60.0/23

Yeah those subnets hold advertisement video for Tencent I find out by using tcpdump to monitor DNS/TCP traffic.