Never Received the FiOS Quantum Gateway Update
ZachE1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I never received the FiOS Quantum Gateway Update that was supposed to take place between February 9 and February 12. Is there a way to download it now?

This is the message that I received from Verizon on February 5, 2016:

Thank you for being a FiOS Quantum Gateway customer. Great news! We are making a software update to your FiOS Quantum Gateway that will improve your FiOS Internet experience.

Your FiOS Quantum Gateway router is a dual band router that is capable of transmitting two signals 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. By default, both signals are enabled and share the same Wi-Fi network name and password.

If you've already customized your home Wi-Fi, you may ignore this communication. However, if you're still using the default settings, we will be making an automatic update between February 9 and February 12, 2016 that will allow you to manually choose between the two signals for each device you connect to your Wi-Fi.

0 Likes
Re: Never Received the FiOS Quantum Gateway Update
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You may not have needed it.

Did you prevooulsy configure 2.4GHz and 5 GHz networks with different SSIDs?

If so, you wouldn't get update.

If you hadn't are they different now?

0 Likes
ZachE1
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, I did not previously configure 2.4GHz and 5 GHz networks with different SSIDs. That is why I wanted the update. Can I give the 2.4GHz and 5 GHz networks different SSIDs on my own without the update?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Absolutlely.

Just log in to router and handle it under wifi setup.

0 Likes
ZachE1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is that all there was to the "FiOS Quantum Gateway Update" - just renaming the 5 GHz network - or was there more to it?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Don't know for sure, but that is the major feature that was mentioned in the email.

They never full release what is in updates.

0 Likes