Never received a G1100, can I still use my own router?
hahahacorn

The technicians set up the ONT and then left.

I have my own router but cannot get wifi.

How can I install using my own router, without being able to use the G1100 to release the DCHP lease.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Never received a G1100, can I still use my own router?
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just plug it in and it will get an IP address from the FiOS network.  If it doesn't, you'll need to contact Verizon support.

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just plug it in and it will get an IP address from the FiOS network.  If it doesn't, you'll need to contact Verizon support.

Good Luck.

jonjones1
Legend

@hahahacorn wrote:

The technicians set up the ONT and then left.

I have my own router but cannot get wifi.

How can I install using my own router, without being able to use the G1100 to release the DCHP lease.

Thanks

The other poster gave you good advice. However if you wait two hours the lease will renew its self. Just make sure nothing is hooked to the ont (Internet) ethernet and personal Router should not be active. The tech should have done a release and renew prior to leaving your premises. You can call 1-800-VERIZON and they also can release it. I have read at another site that in certain places simply plugging in your router will give you the connection.

wifi is not done via instant hook up. You must do that after you have a stable connection to the internet through your routers setup.

0 Likes
hahahacorn

The issue was that my router was broken. Got a new one and it worked just fine.

Thank you!

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader
However if you wait two hours the lease will renew its self.

Actually Verizon now gives out more than one IP at a time.  You don't have to wait two hours for the current one to expire or contact them to release.  Simply plug in another router and it will get an IP.

I think the max is two IPs at a given time, but it could be higher.  I suspect they got tired of all the support interactions just to release an IP address.