Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

New 300/65mbps install, Actiontec Rev I, very slow wireless...

maxiedaniels
Contributor
Contributor

New 300/65mbps install, Actiontec Rev I, very slow wireless...

Message 1 of 2
(694 Views)

Just got FIOS 300/65mbps package installed, with the Actiontec  Rev. I router. Set to compatiblity mode, I'm only getting ~20/20mbps if I'm standing five feet from the router. There's no other networks showing in inSSIDer.

Wondering what I can try to remedy this... if I can't, I'll downgrade the internet package.

**Whoa just realized the Max Rate in inSSIDer says 54... mbps? It should be 130 for wireless n, no?**

1 REPLY 1
gs0b
MVP MVP
MVP

Re: New 300/65mbps install, Actiontec Rev I, very slow wireless...

Message 2 of 2
(656 Views)

Verizon doesn't guarantee WiFi speeds.  To verify you've got the speed you're paying for, use a wired connection.  Fix any issues with a wired connection before you worry about WiFi.

The rev I router will do 130Mbps.  You need to have it set for b/g/n compatibility mode or n only performance mode.  If it's set to b/g only, 54Mbps is the max you'll see.  Be sure your client device is also set to use n mode.

If you're getting the proper speed over Ethernet, but not WiFi, you can attached a better access point to the Verizon router.  Then, you may even be able to get 300Mbps over WiFi.  There are lots of posts in this forum and a bunch over at dslreports that describe the process of adding another router or access point.

Good Luck.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title