New AC Router
CaptainSTX
Contributor - Level 3

Anybody tried this router yet?

Verizon Preps Launch of New FiOS Gateway
by Karl Bode 08:33AM Tuesday Sep 02 2014
Verizon's ActionTec routers have never been what you'd call cutting edge, the company taking an extraordinarily long time to even offer 802.11N Wi-Fi functionality (and when they finally did, only offering 2.4Ghz). 

Click for full size
Now Dave Zatz has noticed that Verizon FiOS customers will finally be getting newer gear, some FiOS Quantum customers getting the new Greenwave G1100. The G1100 offers everything up to 802.11ac, and looks to have integrated Zigbee home automation support. 

Users in our forums suggest Verizon's purging old router inventory by providing their older ActionTec routers free with upgrades to 50 Mbps speeds or higher.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New AC Router
Dhink
Enthusiast - Level 1
They are available in the NYC area. $7.99 monthly rental or purchase for $149. Great device I may add. Allows user to fully utilize the wireless capability of their hardware. In most cases the ordered speed is obtained wirelessly as well as hard wired.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Where's the guest networks!!!!!     🙂    still looks pretty nice though, glad they moved away from Actiontec.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

I too disappointed there is no guest network in this router. If it did, it'd would be my "perfect" device.

Like the rest of us, I'm quite curious how Verizon will price it.

Enjoy.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

My question is, will the USB ports be useful? We've seen in some of Verizon's DSL Gateways the USB ports actually doing something besides give power. That's been something some people around here have complained about.

I just hope this means we don't return to the problems of NAT Tables that plagued the older ActionTecs, and the firmware bugs the Rev. I saw routinely with handling traffic.

0 Likes
mperson
Enthusiast - Level 1

Now how long till available and home much are they going to charge?  And why is ipv6 taking so long?

maortega15
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone know when these routers will be released and how to avail of one? Thanks! 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@maortega15 wrote:

Does anyone know when these routers will be released and how to avail of one? Thanks! 

According to DSLReports it appears the AC routers are already being distributed in some areas. I don't know if you can specifically order one yet. It's likely a gamble right now.

0 Likes
maortega15
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Smith6612 wrote:

@maortega15 wrote:

According to DSLReports it appears the AC routers are already being distributed in some areas. I don't know if you can specifically order one yet. It's likely a gamble right now.

Do you happen to know if NYC is part of the area getting new ones? I would really like to get a new router. Thanks! 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@maortega15 wrote:

Do you happen to know if NYC is part of the area getting new ones? I would really like to get a new router. Thanks! 

I would have no information on where they are deploying the routers, at this time.

0 Likes
maortega15
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just to follow up on this, has anyone recieved the new routers yet? If so, how is it compared to the red ones? 

0 Likes