New Construction- Cannot order service
MSPowell
Good Afternoon. I've in a area with both new construction, and with new fiber optic cable having recently been run. I've spoken with both the neighbors and the linemen, who both confirm that fiber is in the area. I've also visually verified that single mode aerial fiber optic is hanging from a messenger cable on the telephone pole in my front lawn- I was able to read off the serial numbers to a facebook friend who works for an IBEW and knows what those things mean. The linemen and neighbors suggested that I need to request a sight survey- but every time I talk to FIOS Sales or FIOS Customer Service, everyone just repeats to me that my site isn't in the database. Is there someone I can call who can update the database?
0 Likes
Re: New Construction- Cannot order service
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call 1-800-VERIZON

Tell them you want to place an order for their services.

If they  

"just repeats to me that my site isn't in the database"

Can you prove to them that your neighbors presently have VZ Services ?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The above.

An easy way too, would be to try ordering Telephone service. Verizon techs in FiOS areas are not supposed to hook up copper if there is FiOS Fiber around.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

It could be that fiber is run, but they aren't ready to suplly service.

Can also try ordering phone service.

I have heard others say that can get th ball rolling.

gunny1231

I am in the same position. There is fiber optic at the end of my street on the main road my neighborhood is off of. Yet, I nor my neighbors can get Fios because our utilities are underground. My nearest neighbor is 95 feet away and cannot get Fios either while all the homes on the main road and around the perimeter of the neigborhood have it because they have aerial runs.

I have tried talking to a sales engineer, but he is over an hour and a half away from my location and I feel as though I am the last thing on his list. I was told I was a discretionary non NT zone and Verizon doesn't deem us worth the time or cost because our utilities are underground.

Is there any better way of getting a hold of a local engineer somehow? Without ordering phone service as I am only eligible for Freedom Essentials....

0 Likes