New FIOS G-1100 cable modem and an older Netgear WN3000RP range extender
lcr4

I have a new FIOS G-1100 cable modem and an older Netgear WN3000RP range extender. I have attempted setting the connection up using WPS (buttong on extender, button of modem; as well as through the router web interface - go to WPS in wireless setting....); also by connecting extender to client (an HP laptop running Windows 7 Pro) via ethernet and using the Netgear web interface. I get the xxxxx_EXT on the network, so evidently there is a connection established between the router and the extender, but there is no internet access.

I am able to sign on to the new network connection - xxxxxx_EXT usign other devices - laptop and other PCs, but get no Internet connection.

I have had this problem before when I had the older Actiontec modem, but managed to setup using the physical ethernet connection and the Netgear web interface. Not this time.

0 Likes
Re: New FIOS G-1100 cable modem and an older Netgear WN3000RP range extender
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@lcr wrote:

I have a new FIOS G-1100 cable modem and an older Netgear WN3000RP range extender. I have attempted setting the connection up using WPS (buttong on extender, button of modem; as well as through the router web interface - go to WPS in wireless setting....); also by connecting extender to client (an HP laptop running Windows 7 Pro) via ethernet and using the Netgear web interface. I get the xxxxx_EXT on the network, so evidently there is a connection established between the router and the extender, but there is no internet access.

I am able to sign on to the new network connection - xxxxxx_EXT usign other devices - laptop and other PCs, but get no Internet connection.

I have had this problem before when I had the older Actiontec modem, but managed to setup using the physical ethernet connection and the Netgear web interface. Not this time.

I believe support will tell you that the only range extender supported is the Actiontec ECB2200

0 Likes