New FIOS G3100 and now cannot connect to my Speco security cameras DVR remotely
BPoirier1

After renewing my FIOS contract for another 2 years (love FIOS!) I was provided a new router, the G3100. All is fine so far EXCEPT, I can no longer view my security cameras remotely. I've now worked on this for a couple of days, including an hour on the phone with Verizon tech support. I have all of the network information from the DVR and I know how to get to the router set up. I hope someone out there can assist. I feel like I'm very close to getting this fixed and must be missing one or two settings. Thanks in advance for any assistance !!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New FIOS G3100 and now cannot connect to my Speco security cameras DVR remotely
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

You probably need to create a port forward for the DVR in the router.  If you still have your old router, check it's advanced settings and copy them to the new router.

If your remote video access is entirely over HTTP or HTTPS, you'll only need to forward 80 or 443.  I suggest you only forward 443 to keep all traffic over encrypted HTTPS.

If you're using something other than a web browser for remote access, you'll need to forward any ports it uses.  4554 and 4555 could be the ones, but check with your DVR software and hardware provider to be sure.

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

Re: New FIOS G3100 and now cannot connect to my Speco security cameras DVR remotely
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please describe your equipment and settings that worked before your new router was part of the equation.

Equipment Model Nos. ?

Settings that worked.

BPoirier1

DVR is a Speco D4VT (4 channel)...all cameras are hard wired, not wireless. DVR is connected with ethernet cable. On the network page of the DVR settings, there are these settings:

Network Type: DHCP

IP: 192. etc etc...

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: 192.168.1.1

DNS (Primary) 192.168.1.1

DDNS: the host name followed by a long address ending in specoddns.net

Network Video Port: 4554

Network Audio Port: 4555

Web Port (two numbers): 80  and 443

That's about it...

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

If these are the specs for your unit then I'm sure that someone who has the new router might be able to help you

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1363050-REG/speco_technologies_d4vx1tb_4_channel_hd_tvi_digit...

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

You probably need to create a port forward for the DVR in the router.  If you still have your old router, check it's advanced settings and copy them to the new router.

If your remote video access is entirely over HTTP or HTTPS, you'll only need to forward 80 or 443.  I suggest you only forward 443 to keep all traffic over encrypted HTTPS.

If you're using something other than a web browser for remote access, you'll need to forward any ports it uses.  4554 and 4555 could be the ones, but check with your DVR software and hardware provider to be sure.

Good Luck.

myfamilyrocks
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi did you every resolve this?  I too am having issues with the new 3100 router, i created port forwarding rule to forward device mac address with a static IP address to UDP port 81 (this was what i used in the old quantum router).  But it still doesn't work.

0 Likes
Itsme16
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had this problem before with a different security camera. The camera could only operate on the 2G Of my router not the 5G. So I had to connect on my phone to the 2G so that it would get my camera set up on it. I also had to turn off the feature on. My phone that would auto reconnect to the 5G internet. Hope this helps. 

Famgh902
  • Did you fix this issue? I'm having same problem with G3100 and my ip cameras 
0 Likes