New Fios 200/200 but buffers when streaming
misterkevinnnn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, 

I just installed fios internet only service with 200/200 last monday but everytime i stream it buffers every 10-15 mins. I have only 2 other devices which are phones connected as well while streaming. Anyone know what might be the problem and is this something i'd have to contact tech supporrt? Thanks for the advice!

0 Likes
Re: New Fios 200/200 but buffers when streaming
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

What are you streaming on? Is it hardwired or wifi? If on wifi it might have a bad wifi signal. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Like other poster said could be bad wifi signal. Verizon routers are basically junk in the wifi area. A newer better router by Netgear or Asus with external antennas would be better. Also distance from the wifi signal can impact the connection.

two cell phones and another device should not be an issue even on wifi. If your using a hardwire connection then I would guess its a faulty router, then calling 1-800-VERIZON will get you another one.

if it’s recycling as you claim it could also be a loose connection either at the router, or even at the ONT. Both should be checked. Sometimes the ethernet cabling could be crimped or even damaged which could also cause that issue.

0 Likes
misterkevinnnn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the info but i am not on verizons router. I am using Google OnHub and i tested my speed through Verizon app and OnHub app and it says 300/300 speed but it just buffers intermittently when streaming tthrough wifi. The ethernet  runs directly into the router so could it just be fios being incapable to handling streaming through Netflix? Cause browsing lags and connection drops at times too.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are getting 300/300 the issue must either be on Verizon’s end or the TV’s wifi is the issue. Try streaming Netflix on your phone next to the router and see if it buffers. 
You only need 25 mbps to stream 4k. I have 100/100 and 2-3 people could be streaming at any given time with no issues. 

misterkevinnnn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, i'll run another speed test through Verizon and double check my TV as well.

0 Likes