Re: New G3100 Router
neuebuck1

Yes based on Verizon this is normal operation for the Router and Extender.  If you press the button on the front for a couple of seconds it will cause the lights to come on again for a few minutes, to show you the activity on each port, after a few minutes the lights will go off again.

0 Likes
Finley5

I have the same issue. Everything’s working fine, but the lights went off shortly after connecting the cables. Same thing after a reboot. 

0 Likes
Hubmonster

Yes, I'm having the same issue. Verizon is telling me that the lights should remain on. I have a network hub connected to the port. I was told that the router and hub maybe fighting for IP address. Everything seems to be working fine when plug in.

0 Likes
Hubmonster

Question for you. I had same issues with lights on rear of router going out after about an hour. I have a network hub connected to it. I was told be Verizon Tech that the lights for coaxial and other lights should remain on. Like the other guy, I have no wifi issues. I can still connect, I am concern because of what the tech informed me. Should I be or they just don't know about the energy saving mode?

0 Likes
JerryGNYC

That Verizon tech needs to go back to tech school. A hub does not require an IP address, it simply repeats (broadcasts) the input on any one port to its other ports. A simple switch like a 4-port Netgear will not require an IP address either, but will route inbound traffic on a port to only one output (port).

0 Likes
UncleF

My house is really big and I don't need any extenders anymore with this router. 

FYI - One PC in the house (furthest from the router) was slow at first until we updated the firmware on the computer's wifi card. The result is blazing fast!!! 

0 Likes
AMM9

How big is your house? Floors? Sq Ft? 

0 Likes
RocketSurgery
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you're chasing bandwidth or your wireless signal is overrun by too many devices, consider attaching a Ubiquiti Unifi access point to your existing router. It's just a simple dome, but it's commercial grade equipment and even the lowest AP AC Lite model at $80 will handle many more connections and bandwidth than any consumer grade router or mesh wifi system. Fantastic range from just one dome that's better than a home router that looks like a spider with dozens of legs sticking out of it.

Secondly, even the old MI424WR router could handle 75/75Mbits throughput up/down and the G1100 Quantum router can handle 800/800Mbits. If your internet is slow, it's probably something else. Have you reset your router with a paper clip in the pinhole? You should do that once a year anyway. Just how much bandwidth do you need? 25Mbits for a 4K streaming broadcast and 4-7Mbits for 720p/1080i.

Is anyone here really watching 32 4K TV programs simultaneously? There's probably some other reason you are perceiving a slow internet connection and a new $300 router probably won't help.

hb861
Enthusiast - Level 2

which Ubiquiti Unifi access point model do you recommend and how does it work with Fios?

0 Likes
stevekl

if the ONT does not support Moca 2.5 is it relevant to buy moca adapter

0 Likes