Switch Account

New G3100 Router

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 31 of 42
(3,295 Views)

Yes based on Verizon this is normal operation for the Router and Extender.  If you press the button on the front for a couple of seconds it will cause the lights to come on again for a few minutes, to show you the activity on each port, after a few minutes the lights will go off again.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 32 of 42
(2,731 Views)

I have the same issue. Everything’s working fine, but the lights went off shortly after connecting the cables. Same thing after a reboot. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 33 of 42
(2,641 Views)

Yes, I'm having the same issue. Verizon is telling me that the lights should remain on. I have a network hub connected to the port. I was told that the router and hub maybe fighting for IP address. Everything seems to be working fine when plug in.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 34 of 42
(2,641 Views)

Question for you. I had same issues with lights on rear of router going out after about an hour. I have a network hub connected to it. I was told be Verizon Tech that the lights for coaxial and other lights should remain on. Like the other guy, I have no wifi issues. I can still connect, I am concern because of what the tech informed me. Should I be or they just don't know about the energy saving mode?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 35 of 42
(2,623 Views)

That Verizon tech needs to go back to tech school. A hub does not require an IP address, it simply repeats (broadcasts) the input on any one port to its other ports. A simple switch like a 4-port Netgear will not require an IP address either, but will route inbound traffic on a port to only one output (port).

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 36 of 42
(2,476 Views)

My house is really big and I don't need any extenders anymore with this router. 

FYI - One PC in the house (furthest from the router) was slow at first until we updated the firmware on the computer's wifi card. The result is blazing fast!!! 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 37 of 42
(2,466 Views)

How big is your house? Floors? Sq Ft? 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 38 of 42
(2,419 Views)

If you're chasing bandwidth or your wireless signal is overrun by too many devices, consider attaching a Ubiquiti Unifi access point to your existing router. It's just a simple dome, but it's commercial grade equipment and even the lowest AP AC Lite model at $80 will handle many more connections and bandwidth than any consumer grade router or mesh wifi system. Fantastic range from just one dome that's better than a home router that looks like a spider with dozens of legs sticking out of it.

Secondly, even the old MI424WR router could handle 75/75Mbits throughput up/down and the G1100 Quantum router can handle 800/800Mbits. If your internet is slow, it's probably something else. Have you reset your router with a paper clip in the pinhole? You should do that once a year anyway. Just how much bandwidth do you need? 25Mbits for a 4K streaming broadcast and 4-7Mbits for 720p/1080i.

Is anyone here really watching 32 4K TV programs simultaneously? There's probably some other reason you are perceiving a slow internet connection and a new $300 router probably won't help.

Contributor
Contributor
Message 39 of 42
(1,916 Views)

which Ubiquiti Unifi access point model do you recommend and how does it work with Fios?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 40 of 42
(1,505 Views)

if the ONT does not support Moca 2.5 is it relevant to buy moca adapter

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.