Re: New Gigabit Plan not available to existing customers
11D_Universe1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I ordered it last night and have it today.  Maybe they changed their policy?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@c634life wrote:

i have 150/150 i am just waiting for April 30 for fix of billing is big mass to upgrade.

Actually the new pricing is listed on the my Fios app. And online.

so there may be a prorate for the service which is understandable. However some folks have upgraded over the phone and it was knocked down even less as it is claimed at http://www.dslreports.com/Fios 

so hang in there. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@11D_Universe wrote:

I ordered it last night and have it today.  Maybe they changed their policy?

See my reply to the other poster. It is live now to upgrade. This afternoon I was reading Verizon was emailing customers on 150/150 a free upgrade. So check your account and see what the price is.

i ordered it Thursday and it was live on Friday. It was a $20 upgrade for me. I will not complain about that. 

0 Likes
zacoman
Enthusiast - Level 1

and sadly it is not in my area ( philly suburbs) and they have no ETA 

0 Likes
Rokochan

@zacoman wrote:

I'm in the philly suburbs and it's available here. I'm in the Northeast though. I'm a couple of blocks near the county line and we have access to the gigabit, although the service went into effect today, but speeds are not up to par. 880/199

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Rokochan wrote:

@zacoman wrote:

I'm in the philly suburbs and it's available here. I'm in the Northeast though. I'm a couple of blocks near the county line and we have access to the gigabit, although the service went into effect today, but speeds are not up to par. 880/199

I have been told only the speed test from Verizon's servers is what they direct you to test on. It is not a real world speed test. It's closed.

going to a site like

beta.speedtest.net 

is what speeds to see in actual real world tests.

slow downs etc can and do happen when accessing sites from outside a proprietary system. Many factors affect it. 

If you feel it's on Fios end call and have them send out a tech.

Good Luck

0 Likes
zacoman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do you mind giving me a general idea of the area? Im in Bucks county, Bristol. Everyone around here looks like they have it and when I check fios availability it says its there just not for my account for some reason 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@zacoman wrote:

Do you mind giving me a general idea of the area? Im in Bucks county, Bristol. Everyone around here looks like they have it and when I check fios availability it says its there just not for my account for some reason 

The roll out seems to be in stages. Some folks have it showing today and others cannot see the new speed.

In some cases the gig speed appears overnight, a few days later etc.

You could call fios and see if they can give you a good rate, or even through chat.

Just be aware the price seems to be lower from the fios online account portal or through the fios app.

If you speak or chat you will be upselled to get a Triple or double package.

The rates right now are pretty low for those bundles, but if you just want internet then ask for the price. Keep checking the fios app or web portal with your account.

New customers are getting gig speed for $70 plus a $2.50 surcharge so you could cancel and then resign up with another relative or friend on the account.

0 Likes
zacoman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thats the thing, friends and the family in the area are getting the offer and from what i can see its being offered online in our area, im at 150/150 right now. I'll pay a little more for speed and I think im still even my first 30 days with fios. Its just frustraiting. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@zacoman wrote:

Thats the thing, friends and the family in the area are getting the offer and from what i can see its being offered online in our area, im at 150/150 right now. I'll pay a little more for speed and I think im still even my first 30 days with fios. Its just frustraiting. 

Verizon fios has a 30 satisfaction gurantee. Call them up say CANCEL service and when the person comes on the phone say you are within the 30 days, and that you want the new gigabyte speed and I am sure fios will assist you.

Good Luck