New Gigabit Plan not available to existing customers
brettsea
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was excited to see today that you had launched your new Megabit internet plan at a great speed and price.  As an existing customer, I love Fios and would love the speed upgrade.

But when I inquired about it I found that it’s currently only available for new customers, not existing customers.  

I find this really disappointing, particularly because of the message that it sends that Verizon cares more about getting new customers than satisfying existing customers who pay you money every month.  This doesn’t seem geared towards customer satisfaction and service.  Existing customers should matter more than new.  That's how you generate loyality.

Re: New Gigabit Plan not available to existing customers
mdm89
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yep, it's pure profiteering nonsense and evidence of why no one should ever sign a 2 year contract with Verizon. It's just a license for them to screw you out of newer product offers while forcing you to overpay for outdated, slower service. 

jonjones1
Legend

@mdm89 wrote:

Yep, it's pure profiteering nonsense and evidence of why no one should ever sign a 2 year contract with Verizon. It's just a license for them to screw you out of newer product offers while forcing you to overpay for outdated, slower service. 

Actually I have Fios 150/150 with no contract. So for my $83 a month I am quite pleased.

i did call Verizon Fios and chatted in addition. The girl on the chat line said I could get it if I put tv on my account with no contract for $74.99 of course there are taxes and fees on tv so around $85-$90 per month. I said no.

the gentleman on the phone was much more knowledgeable in that he said it is day one of this gigabyte service for $70 and that yes at present the $70, stand alone with no contract was for new customers. He also said the $74.99 was a TV & Gigabyte combo. He then said the $79.99 was for a triple play (add phone)

i explained i was a present customer who just wanted to get the top speed. He said I could terminate service and sign up again, or my wife can call in and get new service at gigabyte speeds at that $70 stand alone price. He did say via the web if I included tv I can get upgraded immediately and I would still pay less than I am paying now.

however I don't need tv so he said to keep checking the account page to see if the higher tier is available to me.

like I said he was fantastic on the phone. 

0 Likes
Jonks

From the VZ press release:

"Existing customers who wish to upgrade to Fios Gigabit Connection will be able to do so online starting April 30."

Guess we'll see in a week...

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Jonks wrote:

"Existing customers who wish to upgrade to Fios Gigabit Connection will be able to do so online starting April 30."

Yes I seen that on Verizon's official press release. Just a few days away...

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Jonks wrote:

It is live for ordering to existing customers in many markets. Go in and check. I did today and I ordered it. 

0 Likes
brettsea
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm have the 150 plan at the moment for $80.  To upgrade to gigabit is going to cost me $80 MORE.  As a new customer I can get it for $70 in total.  This is bad.

jonjones1
Legend

@brettsea wrote:

I'm have the 150 plan at the moment for $80.  To upgrade to gigabit is going to cost me $80 MORE.  As a new customer I can get it for $70 in total.  This is bad.

That's amazing. I have 150/150 went in and my rate increased $20 so $84 now plus $20 for Gigabyte service and the NYS Municipal Construction Surcharge raised from $1.99 to $2.49 so under $109 complete. But I have no contract never would. And only Internet 

0 Likes
Jonks

I have the 50/50 plan which comes out to $55/mo total.  They want an additional $110/mo to get the Gigabit, so that's not happening.  Will call and see if they can do anything.  I'd leap at $80/mo for it.  Weird that they don't want me to give them more money.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Jonks wrote:

I have the 50/50 plan which comes out to $55/mo total.  They want an additional $110/mo to get the Gigabit, so that's not happening.  Will call and see if they can do anything.  I'd leap at $80/mo for it.  Weird that they don't want me to give them more money.

Ha ha the problem is the price for new Fios customers is $70 and $2.49 for some Surcharge. In looking at the pricing you will see what you pay now and their price which will be higher. However during checkout, Verizon gives you a $60 discount on the Gigabyte upgrade. And there is that $10 discount for something or other and on my upgrade another $25 was discounted so I am paying about $106-$109 a month. Versus my normal $84 so about a $20 increase. But well worth it.

i noticed if you call the Fios line you can even go lower depending on what you want.

however after year two the pricing will jump which can be expected. 

0 Likes