New Gigabit Service
roberto188
Enthusiast - Level 1

I currently have an actiontec REV I router with 75/75 MegaBit Service and Extreme TV bundle. My router currently uses the coax for my internet connection. I assume the new Gigabit service will require to use etherent. If I run an ethernet cable from the ONT to my router's wan connection I should be able to get the gigabit service correct? I can then disconnect the coax from my router? Please advise. Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: New Gigabit Service
jonjones1
Legend

@roberto188 wrote:

I currently have an actiontec REV I router with 75/75 MegaBit Service and Extreme TV bundle. My router currently uses the coax for my internet connection. I assume the new Gigabit service will require to use etherent. If I run an ethernet cable from the ONT to my router's wan connection I should be able to get the gigabit service correct? I can then disconnect the coax from my router? Please advise. Thanks!

You will have to have the ONT provisioned for ethernet. This may require a service appointment. 

Coxial is capable of giga speeds under ideal conditions, but Verizon is tryimng to just use ethernet for internet.

0 Likes
Re: New Gigabit Service
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon uses moca for internet over coax. It does not support such high speeds.

ethernet must be used. And your ont must support it as well.

0 Likes