New Install Today, already disappointed with customer service
Instegone
Enthusiast - Level 1

First the tech was supposed to arrive between 8am and 9am.   Gets there at 8:30 (great).... nope, tells me he forgot his toolkit and has to drive back to get it (this is during rush hour).  So wait at least an hour and 1/2.   

He finally got back at 10am and didn't leave till almost 2.    At this point I had to take a whole day off work since there was no point in going into work for 3 hours.

To make matters worse, I got my own Verizon Fios G1100 router and I was told it wasn't working so you all forced me to rent one from you, so now I'm paying an additonal $12 a month till I either buy another one directly from Verizon ($200) or another one somewhere else which they said they can't guarentee will work).

Call up customer service to ask if they will give me a discount the router, told them I'd split the cost at $100.  Nope, full price or rent only.

Ask for a small discount/refund since I had to take the whole day off work.  Nope sorry can't do that.

Day 1, not a happy new customer.

0 Likes
Re: New Install Today, already disappointed with customer service
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I understand concern about delay.

Where did you get the router?

Unless you purchased from Verizon, they are not responsible for third party sales.

Some of the routers being sold were actually stolen (users who got them for free and never returned).

Some where purchased by the user and then are now trying to sell it.

Hard to tell the difference.

Instegone
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Router came from Ebay (yes, yes I know i know) but it was a highly rated seller who had sold lots of them and it said it was refurbished by Verizon and even came with a year warranty.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Instegone wrote:

The Router came from Ebay (yes, yes I know i know) but it was a highly rated seller who had sold lots of them and it said it was refurbished by Verizon and even came with a year warranty.

What you may not know is that albeit what the other poster said is correct, it is also quite possible nothing is wrong with the router (not a frontier Quantum router which does not actually function in most cases) and Verizon is telling you that you have to rent or purchase theirs. 

If you have internet only you can buy any router for your internet with easy hook up.

but Verizon will not support it or troubleshoot it. Only up to the ONT.

for the $144 a year you would be better off going that route and pick up a MOCA adapter and a splitter for less than you pay in rental for one year. If you have tv.

or just the store bought router for $60-$500 price range 

Instegone
Enthusiast - Level 1

I actually am using my own Router which is why I didn't want to rent or pay full price for a Verizon Router.  I'm literally using the Verizon router just to get the TV Guide and whatever extra  features that router offers working with my TV.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

You can buy a MOCA adapter and a switch at Best Buy or local computer store. This way you get rid of the Verizon router and save hundreds over 2 years.

the way to do it is outlined here.

https://www.dslreports.com/faq/16077

Section 9 & 10 is what you want to read for tv

Instegone
Enthusiast - Level 1

ya, I was hoping to do #3, which is how I currently have it setup with the Fios Router.  Was trying to avoid losing the caller ID.   Also it seems the voice remote doesn't work correctly if you don't have it setup this way.  Those MOCA are around between $70 and $100.  So if I find a router for the same price or Verizon would sell me one for $100 then I'd be fine.

3. Secondary LAN-to-LAN
LAN-to-LAN connection between Verizon Router and user router. User router becomes a switch. WAN connection and firewall not used in user router. LAN DHCP server should be disabled in the user router. Instructions are detailed in this FAQ:
PRO:

• Easy.

• Avoids double-NATing. Port Forwards are configured in the Verizon Router only.

• Good choice, if all you need is to connect your 802.11n router as a Wireless Access Point (WAP).

• VZ support for Verizon Router.

• All current STB functionality supported. Guide, VOD, widgets, Remote DVR, On Screen Caller ID.
0 Likes