Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

New Install - no coax in the house

thyname
Contributor
Contributor

New Install - no coax in the house

Message 1 of 2
(2,784 Views)

never had Fios before.

have scheduled an install in a couple of weeks, Fios Internet and phone.

there is only one coax cable inside the living room, and that is used for Directv. Also, the place I want the Quantum router to be is at the fron of the house and the Fios box is attached at the back of the house wall (from previous owner).

are they going to route the coax cable from outside the house all around to the front and then open a hole in the wall?

also, I had to sign up for the triple pay even though I don't need tv as I have Directv and three tvs. However, I am thinking of putting a tv anyway in the basement tv and replace one of the Genie Minis with it. However, they said that cheapest DVR option is 2 tuner DVR that only stores 15 HD hours. Lame. Is it worth it?

any coupon codes available for new customers?

1 REPLY 1
CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: New Install - no coax in the house

Message 2 of 2
(2,766 Views)

They will probably take the easiest route.

So if the easiest way is to run outside the house, they probably will.

If your basement has an open ceiling, they will probably run inside.

I think the 2 tuner DVR has more than 15 hours but not sure exactly how much.

And there aren't any coupon codes but my TV and mail are littered with deals for new customers.

What did they quote you when you ordered the service?

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.