Switch Account

New Router Has Mysterious "Hidden" Network

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

New Router Has Mysterious "Hidden" Network

Message 1 of 2
(180 Views)

I just got a new router from Verizon, as my older one was frequently dropping connections, and the new router still has this mysterious 'Hidden' network.  

I actually have 2 of these hidden networks that show up.  They are both on the 5GHz band, one is always the same channel as my actual 5Ghz signal, and the second one is always on a different channel.

Watching the signal strength of the signals, the hidden networks seem to 'pulse'.  At their peak, the signal is stronger than my actual signals, and then they drop down to 0.

Has anyone actually managed to get these turned off?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: New Router Has Mysterious "Hidden" Network

Message 2 of 2
(72 Views)

THis is probably the network(s) used to support the latest STBs that can connect via WiFI. Probably can't turn them off. But no harm in leaving them on that I can think of.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.