Switch Account

New Router and Now One PC cannot Connect to the Internet

New Router and Now One PC cannot Connect to the Internet

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(8,289 Views)
I have Verizon FIOS and it has worked well for about a year.  All of a sudden my TV and Internet went dead.  The TV came back, but I could not access the internet.  I called for service, they replaced the router.  Now two computers came back up but not my main one.  I released the IP address and renewed it.  My PC says my network card is good.  I replaced the cable.  When I launch Firefox or Explorer, I just get the message "Server not found".  I am not very computer saavy, so I am desperate.  Any of you computer geeks out there have any ideas.  I really appreciate it.  Thanks. 
3 REPLIES 3
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 4
(8,273 Views)
Run Verizon connection wizard software. verizon.net/connectionwizard Download the software from a working computer and move the file with a thumb drive to the computer not working and run the software.
Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV
Message 3 of 4
(8,229 Views)
if your using IE please be sure you go into Tools, Internet Options, Connections tab and then click lan settings, make sure AUTO DETECT is checked. After that is done click ok and then you should be back to the connectivity tab. Make sure you have Never Dial a Connection selected and then click apply or ok. Restart your IE window and should be good to go from there.
Highlighted
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III
Message 4 of 4
(8,191 Views)
Try to set in a static IP address. Or if you have a static IP address in there make sure it matches up with your router IP scheme. 
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.