New Router
yolo105

I have 100/100 mbps plan with only Internet and phone and don't plan to get TV in the future. The current setup is ONT to MI424WR via Coax. I want to buy a new router as a replacement of the current verizon one that I have without needing to change from COAX to ethernet. Can I just grab a ethernet cable, and connect it from the Verizon router's LAN ports to the New routers WAN ports, and disable WIFI on the Verizon Router, making the Verizon router a moca adapter?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Router
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes. You can also just connect a wireless access point to the MI424WR. That will be cheaper than a router and won’t cause a double NAT. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes. You can also just connect a wireless access point to the MI424WR. That will be cheaper than a router and won’t cause a double NAT. 

0 Likes
yolo105

Ok Thanks!

0 Likes
yolo105

Do I need to do anything such as renewing/releasing lease? Or a simple reboot would be fine?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. If connecting a wireless access point it will be plug and play. The Verizon router will give it an IP like any other device. If you connect a router you’ll typically have to download the app to set it up. Set it up in AP mode. 

0 Likes