New Service Internet Only - No availability until November 2020 - Alternatives ; Self Installation?
emejia1592

Hello,

With the current state of COVID-19, it is completely understandable the push-back on professional installations, however, is there any other alternative? I've been lucky enough to retain my employment, however, there is the need to have internet to be able to work. My Verizon is stating the earliest installation to be November 2020 ; what are the alternatives?

I've been able to confirm the new location had Optimum internet connected, so is self installation available? If so, how do I get this started?

Thank you .

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Service Internet Only - No availability until November 2020 - Alternatives ; Self Installati
Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately, Optimum service is not Verizon Fios service. They won't be able to reuse what Optimum left behind even if it was a fiber connection (as opposed to coax). Verizon would have to run their own fiber to your residence unless there is already one run from some previous Fios installation (along with a Fios ONT connected to it).

View solution in original post

Re: New Service Internet Only - No availability until November 2020 - Alternatives ; Self Installati
Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately, Optimum service is not Verizon Fios service. They won't be able to reuse what Optimum left behind even if it was a fiber connection (as opposed to coax). Verizon would have to run their own fiber to your residence unless there is already one run from some previous Fios installation (along with a Fios ONT connected to it).