New Service
Hed0rah

I just ordered Fios Internet only for my house. I didn't order a router. There aren't many details about the order. I got a notification that my equipment shipped. So, what is shipping? A modem or ONT? And when that comes, do I have to call to have someone come out to set it up?

0 Likes
Re: New Service
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The only thing that would normally be shipped is a router. The tech will bring and install the ONT. Has your house ever had FiOS services before? If there is an existing ONT at the house the install might be set up as a self install. I would call up and double check before the installation date. 

0 Likes
Hed0rah

I don't know if the house has ever had Fios, I can't find any equipment or service coming in. I was going to call, but can't find a phone number anywhere on their site, only chat (which was no help) and the forum.

0 Likes
Hed0rah

It took a lot of clicking around the web-site, but I found a phone number and set up an appointment for a tech to come out tomorrow.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That’s weird. Are they sending a tech out on a repair? Sounds like you were possibly set up for a self install.

1 800-verizon is now really the only number to call. Just follow the prompts and try call between 8a and 5p so you get a US rep.

0 Likes