New Verizon Customer Question
larrysinnj

After 25 years with Cablevision in NJ a move to Manhattan gave me a choice of Verizon or Spectrum.  I chose Verizon primarily due to what I've read about the fact that they seem to handle TiVos/Cablecards better.  I decided when moving in, that I would take their Wifi solution so as not to have to deal with my own router capabilities in a 1950s vintage Manhattan Apartment building.  Installer suggested that I go with their Home internet which consisted of a MoCA wired extender which would give me an ethernet connection where my main computer would go.  I'm actually quite happy with it for an extra $10/mo. and performance is quite good.

Only question is that when I start up my ethernet connected computer, it takes about a minute for the computer to connect to the internet and get a connection.  Not a huge biggie, but perhaps there is a solution.

0 Likes
Re: New Verizon Customer Question
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

My Microsoft Surface computers sometimes take a bit to connect via WIFI, but I haven't noticed anything unusual with an ethernet connection and WIFI disabled. 🤔

0 Likes