New construction install
Lee5551
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I am building a new house and would like Verizon to prewire the ONT while the walls are open, place underground conduit before there is grass, etc, etc... .

If I am not moving in for 3 months who do I contact in Westchester County, New York? Verizon? 3rd party installers?

Thanks any help appreciated,

Lee

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New construction install
Lee5551
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was hoping that other customers in my area my have had this problem solved for them, or a verizon employee may have read it. What might work though is that my multi-unit apt building has a verizon sales rep (not a 3rd party rep) who is contacting the engineering dept for options.

Thanks for the reply, did not know you could mount the ONT outside. Maybe in my garage is a good idea.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.

Have you tried calling Verizon?  They may be able to work with you when you place an order for installation.  Click here:

Contact Us

Note that that there must be FiOS already installed in your area before Verizon will install a drop fiber to your new home.  I doubt they will let anyone but their employees or contractors do that work.  It does not get installed in conduit in the ground.

The ONT can be installed inside or outside; I suggest inside if that is possible in your home.  It makes maintenance easier and prolongs the life of the equipment.  There is a power supply that is always installed inside.

Aside from power, the ONT connects to coax x for TV / Internet and twisted pair for phone. You can have your builder install power, coax and telephone so they are near the location where you want the ONT.  You don't need Verizon to install coax and phone lines in your walls; your electrician or another contractor can do that work.

If you know where you want the fiber to enter the house or where ONT will be mounted outside, you could certainly have your builder install a short conduit through the wall, but that is up to you.

Good Luck,

0 Likes
Lee5551
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was hoping that other customers in my area my have had this problem solved for them, or a verizon employee may have read it. What might work though is that my multi-unit apt building has a verizon sales rep (not a 3rd party rep) who is contacting the engineering dept for options.

Thanks for the reply, did not know you could mount the ONT outside. Maybe in my garage is a good idea.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

In cases like yours usually they go out and do the whole job and activate everything then unplug the router and STBs until you finish the house. When you are ready plug it back in again.

0 Likes