New construction
dats

Hoping to get FIOS installed at a new construction development that is in the early stages of being built. Verizon FIOS is offered on the street that the new development is off of. When asked about FIOS in the neighborhood the builder informed me that Verizon told them that the developer had to guarantee service for all homes for multiple years or reimburse Verizon for the homes that do not use their services. Is this even something allowed in NY? Is there any engineering department I can make a request to or get more information about this matter?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: New construction
jonjones1
Legend

Try asking for a fast ticket here.

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

0 Likes
dats

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately they can't do anything since I don't have a physical address. Is there anything I can do to figure this out at this point? The developer/builder and Verizon have had contact before somehow and Verizon demanded they serve the houses or get paid for the ones that don't use their services (this seems ridiculous, I hope this isn't the case).

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Doubtful.

Verizon probably won't begin to run infrastructure until multiple houses are in place.

As the developer said, they want some hope to get their money back.

0 Likes
dats

Thanks! Will do. What do you think is doubtful specifically? Is my best shot submitting a fast request once the house is built and has an addresss, is there a decent success rate with that? Also does the developer need to have extra conduit for them to come in later or Verizon handles that? A bit unsure on the whole process.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

If you can get a physical address assigned by the us postal service it maybe possible

that they can run conduit up to your property service line.

we have a sub division near us that placed water, electric, phone and fios on each trac.

i also believe i have seen charter spectrum coaxial as well. 

the fast ticket will need a physical address. As I mentioned.

best of luck 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I stated doubtful as Verizon has stated their expamsion plans are limited.

Go ahead and try the process as stated, but be prepared for little response.

Good Luck

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

I stated doubtful as Verizon has stated their expamsion plans are limited.

Go ahead and try the process as stated, but be prepared for little response.

Good Luck

Of course in that sub division they are selling tracks of land for the new construction.

they even had the street name up with one house built, today they have 10 built. But verizon did put service into place as did charter spectrum 

0 Likes