New residence Fios instillation date question
MisterC1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I didn't think it was possible for a company to have worse customer service that Comcast, but I guess I was wrong.

I was promised Fios at my new residence. After confirming an installation date and time, I cancelled my Comcast service. I returned my Comcast equipment the day before the Fios installation date. Comcast actually has great TV and internet, but I dropped them because their customer service is terrible.

So, after waiting 5 days, finally the day came for my installation. I was told to make sure someone over 18 was home when the technician came.  I took off from work in the morning to make sure I was there. He was coming between 8am and 11am.

11am came and went, with no technician. I called Verizon, and the person said that the tech was never dispatched, but he would find out why. Dispatch never got back to him with a reason.

So, just to be clear, it's not that the guy was running late, because he was really busy.  A tech person was never coming in the first place. Even as of the day before, I was told to make sure someone was here to let him in. So I took off work.

Verizon didn't even give me the courtesy to let me know they weren't coming.

I called Verizon 8 times that day. No one gave me a reason. Most of the time I was told, "Hold on, I'll find out why they were never dispatched." Then after waiting on hold for 10 minutes, I would find myself back at the beginning of the automated menu.

Now to get to the wonderful reason why I have been denied service. Apparently the previous tenant skipped out without notifying Verizon, or paying his bill. I got an auto-generated email saying that I would need to provide proof from my landlord (I gave a Verizon employee my landlord's phone number the day before I was supposed to be installed), and the best part... I need to find the previous tenant, and have him contact Verizon. The email actually says something like "So if you know this person, ask them to contact us, so that we may begin your installation."

I've never met this person. They could be dead for all I know. The Verizon email had a link if there were any problems. I expained the above situation. I received nothing back. I received no phone calls back.

So here I am, over a week with no tv or internet. I looked into RCN. They don't service my area. So it looks like I'll be stuck with Comcast again. Thanks Verizon.

Oh, and I called again last night in a last ditch effort to get this resolved, and I got a generated email that basically said "Thanks for your new order. A technician will be out to install your service... yesterday" Good job Verizon.

Re: New residence Fios instillation date question
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: New residence Fios instillation date question
N2LR3demption
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seems to be a running theme on how they treat their customers

0 Likes