New router G3100 lack of features

SOLVED
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

New router G3100 lack of features

Message 1 of 3
(1,652 Views)

Jus upgraded to fios gigabit internet and got the new G3100 router. Before that was using a Tplink archer C5400. With the Tplink, I was using a usb hard disk to store surveillance camera alrm recordings via ftp. Albeit the G3100 has the USB 3.0 port, just found out i cannot use it; support told me that the port is not enabled and would consider my issues for future update. That sucks. looks like I might have to switch back to the Tplilnk....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VI Gold Contributor VI
Gold Contributor VI

Re: New router G3100 lack of features

Message 3 of 3
(1,625 Views)

Verizon routers have had USB ports on them for years.  They have never enabled them for anything other than power.  I wouldn't bet on the G3100's USB ports being enabled for network drives anytime soon.

You could put the TPLink in bridge mode and use it as a NAS.

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 2 of 3
(1,624 Views)

The router is made by a different company and has a slightly different interface than the previous G1100 model. You might need to switch back to the TP Link for the time being until the bugs are worked out. 

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VI Gold Contributor VI
Gold Contributor VI

Message 3 of 3
(1,626 Views)

Verizon routers have had USB ports on them for years.  They have never enabled them for anything other than power.  I wouldn't bet on the G3100's USB ports being enabled for network drives anytime soon.

You could put the TPLink in bridge mode and use it as a NAS.

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.