New router (Kinda). Asus RT-AC68p
Wolfskin75
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, 

I have an Asus RT-AC68p router that I want to use instead of the Verizon one we are given.  I do have TV service but I would leave the MOCA alone and just use the internet and the better broadcast strength due it A LOT of dead spots in my house (Living room) to the point where I had to run an ethernet cable to have it plug into the entertainment system.  Does anyone have any idea how to do this?

0 Likes
Re: New router (Kinda). Asus RT-AC68p
jonjones1
Legend

You want to put your router into access point mode. You can find the instructions at your router manufacturers web site. It is quite easy to do.

you can also visit http://www.dslreports.com/verizon 

under faq and it will also assist you on doing what you wish. You can also get rid of the Verizon router all together and still have functionality for tv and phone. Just read up on it.

Re: New router (Kinda). Asus RT-AC68p
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Or you could just double NAT.  And some people have figured out complicated ways to use their router first.  Dslreports does give a good deal of info on the various ways to connect. 

I just have my ASUS controlling a different subnet (10.x.x.x) leaving the Verizon as the primary router with just the stb on it (192.168.1.x)

0 Likes