Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

New router, can't connect Panasonic Viera TV

Gweagraff
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

New router, can't connect Panasonic Viera TV

Message 1 of 3
(855 Views)
I just got the latest wireless router and everything seems fine, except I can't seem to connect my smart TV to it. The security settings on my router are set to WPA2. I tried to change it but I don't think it worked. I know it's accepting the password but the connection always fails. This TV is about 3 years old. And when I connect via Ethernet cable it works fine. Anyone have any advice?
2 REPLIES 2
CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: New router, can't connect Panasonic Viera TV

Message 2 of 3
(814 Views)

Have you checked to see if your TV has software updates?

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Smith6612
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: New router, can't connect Panasonic Viera TV

Message 3 of 3
(747 Views)

I've noticed on some devices, if you take too long to enter the key the connection attempt will time out. I had this problem with a NEST Thermostat when trying to enter my brutal-to-type WPA2 key. If it took more than a minute, it'd fail the connection. But once it got the key, it would stay well behaved!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title