New router does not see the Internet
tokugawa

I replaced my MI424WR Rev. D with a new MI424WR Rev. I. The old version D work very well put I wanted the WPA2 sercuity of the the new router. I follow the instructions that came with the router and hooked up the router as instructed. Lights on the router started to light up and turn green except on: The Intnet light. After waiting ~15 minutes, I went through the usual procedure of checking the cable, unplug the router and replugging it in and resetting the router. I even reset the ONT. I was wondering is there something else I can do before having to clean out the closet and call in a tech to see if he or she can fix it.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New router does not see the Internet
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

You need to release the IP address from the old router. You can also plug in the new router and call Verizon and have them do it.

View solution in original post

Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

You need to release the IP address from the old router. You can also plug in the new router and call Verizon and have them do it.

tokugawa

Thank you for the help. I just pulled the plug on the old router and after about 3 hours, plugged the new one in. It automatically hooked up to the Net.

0 Likes