Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

New router setup

SOLVED
Fuichefino
Contributor
Contributor

New router setup

Message 1 of 2
(1,546 Views)

I curently have 50/50 Fios Internet Service only (no tv). This is currently connected via coax to the Fios Quantom G1100 router. I will be upgraing to 75/75 and In order to get this speed, a tech will be coming out to replace the ONT.

I currently do not have my own router but my intention is to purchase my own Router (Asus). When the tech comes to replace the ONT, can I ask that he change the ONT from coax to Ethernet and then connect the ONT to the Fios Quantom G1100 router using Ethernet? That way, when i purchase  the new router, all i have to do is release the ip address from the G1100 and then connect my newly purchased router.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jonjones
Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Re: New router setup

Message 2 of 2
(1,538 Views)

@Fuichefino wrote:

I curently have 50/50 Fios Internet Service only (no tv). This is currently connected via coax to the Fios Quantom G1100 router. I will be upgraing to 75/75 and In order to get this speed, a tech will be coming out to replace the ONT.

I currently do not have my own router but my intention is to purchase my own Router (Asus). When the tech comes to replace the ONT, can I ask that he change the ONT from coax to Ethernet and then connect the ONT to the Fios Quantom G1100 router using Ethernet? That way, when i purchase  the new router, all i have to do is release the ip address from the G1100 and then connect my newly purchased router.

Yes you can do that. I am sure they will accommodate your request. They may swap you over anyway. But just tell him what you want.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jonjones
Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Re: New router setup

Message 2 of 2
(1,539 Views)

@Fuichefino wrote:

Yes you can do that. I am sure they will accommodate your request. They may swap you over anyway. But just tell him what you want.

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title