New service - Ethernet only
Bigdex
I've been a long time Fios subscriber and I'm extremely disappointed with Verizon now. I recently bought another house and wanted Fios. It's available in the area but when the tech arrived he stated that they're only allowed to install ethernet. No new installations can use MOCA. This would put our box in a corner of the basement near no devices. To put the modem anywhere else they would need to run an ethernet cable around the outside of the home. This is unacceptable when MOCA works fine since I have it at my other property since Fios first was available in Delaware.
0 Likes
Re: New service - Ethernet only
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

What speed is your service?

0 Likes
Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

So, your router is sitting down in the basement then? If you still want/need MoCA, you can buy your own MoCA adapters like these Actiontec ECB6200s. More info about those at the Actiontec site. The sell them as singles or in pairs. (The pair in case you want to go from Ethernet to coax and back to Ethernet on the other end.) That might save you from running Ethernet cables.

Viafax999 might be on to something as well. I recall a Verizon tech telling me that they could only use Ethernet for either it was over 100 Mbps server or 100 Mbps and above. I'm not sure which.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you only subscribing to internet? Or video too?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Probably due to the speed they are offering you.  Speeds of 100 or higher need to be Ethernet in order to actually get that speed.

0 Likes