Newly building home and getting FIOS buried
KAJINOFE

Hi,

My family is almost finished with building a new house that's surrounded by neighbors that already have FIOS servicing their house.  I called/chatted/emailed Verizon to ask when my house will be ready for FIOS and each time, they responded with a "it'll be ready when it's ready" type of answer.  Has anyone been in this kind of situation?  How long did it take for Verizon to dig up and bury the fiber in your yard?

0 Likes
Re: Newly building home and getting FIOS buried
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to have a request put in with engineering to get the new home added to the database for FiOS service. This can take a week or two.

KAJINOFE

Looks like getting a hold of an engineering department personnel is a challenge on its own...  Anyone gone through this process before and actually succeeded?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

front line orders rep's, from my experience, put in the engineering request, and then it normally takes a couple days to get a yay or nay, and then after getting a yay, turn around time varies depending on what exactly they have to do.   gigantic projects that need city permits can get held up (I had a city permit issue on one of those that was 30 days) and then other issues that don't have to go through much red tape can be done pretty quick

you gotta get the ball started with one of the sales people and having them send something or another off o their engineering group.

0 Likes