Next door neighbor has access to FIOS but I don't
Apollox

I would like FIOS but it is not available for my house.  I live at the end of cul de sac street with 5 houses on it.  Verizon installed FIOS all throughout my town but chose to skip my street.  Houses at the intersection of my street and the main road all have FIOS.  Futhermore, the house NEXT to my house on the adjacent cul de sac street, with property touching my own, HAS FIOS.

For some reason, Verizon even ran a underground fiber sleeve to the Verizon box on the side of my house, but the sleeve is empty.

I've contact Verizon and after numerous phone calls (in which they claim they had an engineer look into it but were extremely vague on the details) they told me it was not available.

I hate Cablevision for their awful service and really want to switch to FIOS.  Any ideas?  I searched homes all throughout my area and over 95% have access to FIOS but my street was left out.  Any suggestions for what I could do to help gain access to FIOS would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Next door neighbor has access to FIOS but I don't
tns
Master - Level 2

Highly unusual tht you would just be on the line between FIOS supported areas, but its possible. 

Be nice if verizon would tell you why your neighbor has it but you cannot get it.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Apollox wrote:

I would like FIOS but it is not available for my house.  I live at the end of cul de sac street with 5 houses on it.  Verizon installed FIOS all throughout my town but chose to skip my street.  Houses at the intersection of my street and the main road all have FIOS.  Futhermore, the house NEXT to my house on the adjacent cul de sac street, with property touching my own, HAS FIOS.

For some reason, Verizon even ran a underground fiber sleeve to the Verizon box on the side of my house, but the sleeve is empty.

I've contact Verizon and after numerous phone calls (in which they claim they had an engineer look into it but were extremely vague on the details) they told me it was not available.

I hate Cablevision for their awful service and really want to switch to FIOS.  Any ideas?  I searched homes all throughout my area and over 95% have access to FIOS but my street was left out.  Any suggestions for what I could do to help gain access to FIOS would be appreciated.

Perhaps the OLT at the C/O is full, and or there is no more room on the splitter for them to pull fiber on your street.

Not that I have ever heard they don't want to spend the money for one customer. Smiley Mad

Try to get your neighbors to inquire about FiOS. If Everyone calls, they will be more likely to act upon the request. MAYBE.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

if no one in your immediate area (basically, in your Cul de Sac) can get FiOS, definitely start getting a movement going to get Verizon to come back out to wire you guys up. They are pretty well known during their deployment to miss streets when everything else around a street can get it. I wouldn't expect this to be easy, but as suggested above start by getting your neighbors to ask for it. If your Cul De Sac is also divided into personally owned properties and not something such a development owned by a Home Owner Association for exmaple (for a lack of better words) it should be less difficult for Verizon to come in and install the service. As indicated, they already ran the Fiber Conduit so it should be a matter of of sliding it in and installing some splice boxes, maybe an FDH.

Tamarillicent
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know that when I got FIOS, I had to call with a problem the next day. They asked for my phone number and when I gave it they told me FIOS wasn't available in my area. "Odd, then what did they install yesterday if it wasn't FIOS?" was my question.

Then miracle of miracles, I COULD get FIOS.

If you can find a helpful support person, and explain that your neighbor has it, and where you live, you may find it is actually available to you. Or at least demand that they find some reason why you can't.

prisaz
Legend

@Tamarillicent wrote:

I know that when I got FIOS, I had to call with a problem the next day. They asked for my phone number and when I gave it they told me FIOS wasn't available in my area. "Odd, then what did they install yesterday if it wasn't FIOS?" was my question.

Then miracle of miracles, I COULD get FIOS.

If you can find a helpful support person, and explain that your neighbor has it, and where you live, you may find it is actually available to you. Or at least demand that they find some reason why you can't.

You are correct. Some times the engineering database is just not in sync with sales.

0 Likes