No FIOS.... :-<
SpikeLee8
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since the demise of MCI, nearly 10 years ago my girlfriend and I chose Verizon  under the the promise and premise of FIOS TV and internet. Since that time she has FIOS but NO FIOS TV (lives in Carmel NY). I live in Kingston NY, and HAVE NO FIOS PERIOD !!! Stuck with your slugish DSL. We have both have been told too many times to count ...it's coming, yea, so is the next ice age. Living in kingston NY. a medium size city,  I can see from my roof  a large Verizon Bldg. a communication hub I have been told...yet NO FIOS.....whats the real deal...Time Warner is looking better all time...I can do with-out your phone..they have Road Runner beats DSL....The Carmel issue..friends a short distance from her have FIOS TV but why not her ???? Satalite is looking better all time for her...!!!... ; -<

0 Likes
Re: No FIOS.... :-<
Justin46
Legend

@SpikeLee8 wrote:

Since the demise of MCI, nearly 10 years ago my girlfriend and I chose Verizon  under the the promise and premise of FIOS TV and internet. Since that time she has FIOS but NO FIOS TV (lives in Carmel NY). I live in Kingston NY, and HAVE NO FIOS PERIOD !!! Stuck with your slugish DSL. We have both have been told too many times to count ...it's coming, yea, so is the next ice age. Living in kingston NY. a medium size city,  I can see from my roof  a large Verizon Bldg. a communication hub I have been told...yet NO FIOS.....whats the real deal...Time Warner is looking better all time...I can do with-out your phone..they have Road Runner beats DSL....The Carmel issue..friends a short distance from her have FIOS TV but why not her ???? Satalite is looking better all time for her...!!!... ; -<

Since these forums are provided by Verizon for users to help other users, I am wondering what help you want from us users? Can you please be specific, I am sure there are users here who would be willing to help.....

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does anyone else around you have FiOS available to them or is it simply in the next town over? Sometimes Verizon's availability database has been known to be wrong. If you recall Verizon running Fiber Optic cabling in your area, it might be a good idea to consider having engineering double check your area for any sort of availability. For TV service in Carmel, NY, this is dependant usually on the local municipality. Verizon has to have TV transmission abilities along with in many cases a franchise agreement before they can start offering TV service. If they don't have that, Phone and Internet is all they will really be able to offer and is what Verizon started FiOS out as, with the intent to offer TV service over it.

If their connection is fast enough, she could always consider going with an IPTV provider. There are a few hard to find, but decent providers that have transmission rights. Channel choice is limited, but it is A-la-carte.

0 Likes
PJonathanN
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been waiting for a decade for it to get here as well.  Its ALWAYS BEEN IN A FEW MONTHS.  I'm tired of it.

Now the crap that Verizon is not going to BUILD OUT in NJ either?  Leaving myself and a lot of people **bleep**.

Figured Sandy would be excellent way to string the line by replacing the damaged one with it, but no.

Verizon if your not going to commit to building out your product then take your ads off TV.  say it straight already.

And if you think a forum is not also read by management think again.  

SpikeLee8
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks great reply....It just bites the are not choices its Comcast or nothing....Sandy did nothing in our area which warrented new lines being strung.....

0 Likes