No Fios on my street but everywhere else in the area - what can I do?
chrisjdel

I'm moving to an apartment on a road that seems to be the lone exception in the middle of a fully covered area. Newton MA in case you're wondering. I've plugged in addresses from adjacent neighborhoods and every one of them but mine has Fios internet and TV available, so yeah ... I'm sure. All they'd have to do is run the fiber down a short street that makes a U off the main road (which has full service). How can I put in a request for that? My landlord doesn't allow satellite dishes and I really, really don't want to be stuck with Comcast. Why would Verizon skip a single street like that in the first place? Makes no sense.

0 Likes
Re: No Fios on my street but everywhere else in the area - what can I do?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Landlord can't legally prevent you from having a satellite dish. (Google FCC satellite dish apartment)

The landlord would probably need to contact Verizon to have them consider providing service to your building.

0 Likes
chrisjdel

Nice to know. Doesn't solve my internet speed issue though; when you're used to fiberoptic bandwidth, old school coaxial cable is so slow it's painful. Why did they skip a street when they wired this area? I don't get it.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the only thing on the street is your building, could be your landlord didn't want to work with them.

0 Likes