No Internet available for TV or Blu Ray systems - new problem
JamesM3M5
Enthusiast - Level 1
I am unable to connect any TV or entertainment device to the Internet - Samsung TV, Samsung Blu Ray / Entertainment system, and Sony Blu Ray / Entertainment system. All 3 of these devices have a good connection to my Apple Airport AND my FIOS router, but nothing beyond that.

Called support and was able to convince the tech that I can connect all my PCs, Android, and Apple devices to the Internet via my FIOS connection, but I am unable to connect anything that is a TV or Blu Ray device. Connection to the Verizon provided router is good. He said there is an outage, but they are sending a new router to replace my outdated one.

This is a new problem, either happened Monday the 23rd or today. Sunday Feb 22 I was using my Samsung to watch Netflix all night.

Anyone else have this issue? New router will be in on Thursday, will set up and report back...

James

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No Internet available for TV or Blu Ray systems - new problem
hedgesda
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just spoke with Verizon.  They said they're getting calls from many Samsung owners and that the problem is with Samsung.

Check out this recent news article about the subject:

http://www.myce.com/news/samsung-smart-tv-smarthub-suffer-worldwide-internet-outage-75099/

View solution in original post

hedgesda
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm experiencing the same issue.  Internet works for everything except my older Samsung Tvs.  It was working last night (2/13/2015)

0 Likes
hedgesda
Enthusiast - Level 2

After reading some forums, I've done or checked for the following:

I've tried changing DNS on all the devices AND the router -- DID NOT WORK.

I've verified there is no parental controls -- STILL DIDN'T WORK

Removed all Traffic Shapping rules -- DID NOT WORK.

0 Likes
kashadog

Same problem tonight; OK last night. Have TV access, just no internet connection on TV. I have a newer router, so assume it's an outage - I live Westside of LA.

0 Likes
JamesM3M5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Glad to hear I'm not the only one having problems. I checked again this morning before heading to work - still out.

They said I'm on the first gen router, and current is Gen 3. I'll get my new router soon and report back.

James

0 Likes
BILLFREEHOLDNJ

I lost internet connection last night to Amazon prime and Netflix through my Sony Blueray player MODEL BD-570. Called Verizon tech support and with help we checked the router,cable box and internet connection. All equipment and services checked out ok except the Sony Blueray Player which could not connect to my paid services. It gave me the following message: "A network error has occured : REFERENCE ERROR CODE 303."

The next morning Googled: Sony error code 303. I learned many other people had the same issue more than once with Sony. They had lost connection service for as long as two weeks. Their calls to Sony were disconnected. ? Some people had the newer Sony BD-590 player so it's not only my model but problems at Sony.

I have a solution to the issue. I am going to buy a ROKU 3 and install it as my new streaming device. 

The Sony BD 570 and other players are after all primarily a Disk Players with add on connections. A bit like a "swiss army Knife".

The ROKU is First a streaming device with extra options. Perhaps the inverse design. 

I hope this helps you and saves you the lost time I have spent on this problem. Samsung has also had simular issues.

You may also have a failed internet connection board/section in your player and the disc player will function normally.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

FWIW, I'm not seeing any problem here connecting a Sony BluRay player or streaming apps (NetFlix, Amazon, etc.) on our Sony TV.

The problem you're having could be related to your location, or it could be an equipment problem.  The new router will be a good step in troubleshooting.

Having said that, did you try rebooting your existing router to see if that makes any difference?

0 Likes
JamesM3M5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, rebooted router, restarted every TV / Blu Ray system multiple times, manually set IP and DNS servers, connected to Apple Airport which then connects through the FIOS router, connected to the FIOS router directly, etc. I have a fine connection to the FIOS router, and every PC, phone, iPad, Macbook, etc ALL connect to the Internet just fine. It is a minor inconvenience, since my laptops all have HDMI connectors, and I can watch the last few episodes of House of Cards by Friday. No spoilers! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
JamesM3M5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ooohhh - just remembered I can also check my Amazon Fire HD box tonight.

All of my TV and Blu Ray boxes are a bit on the "old" side, but the Fire HD was just bought right before Christmas. Lemme check that to see whether I have a connection.

James

0 Likes
Nagesh346
i have the same problem. It was working fine until a couple of days back but all of a sudden samsung TV is not able to connect to internet and hence noneof the apps on TV are working. I called Samsung customer service and went through a whole bunch of settings but didnot help.It seems something related to router (dns server). i am goingto call Fios support now.
0 Likes