Re: No More FTP?
ArnieP1

Add one more outraged long-time customer to the list.  Our website has been on verizon for 6 years.  Honestly, I dont think Verizon cares about this issue.  Too bad.

Anyone know of any good free web-hosting companies?  Wonder what COMCAST/X-FINITY does,,,,,

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ArnieP wrote:

Add one more outraged long-time customer to the list.  Our website has been on verizon for 6 years.  Honestly, I dont think Verizon cares about this issue.  Too bad.

Anyone know of any good free web-hosting companies?  Wonder what COMCAST/X-FINITY does,,,,,

A quick Google search for "Free Web Hosting" turns up plenty of results to some well-trusted companies. I've used x10Hosting in the past and they've turned out to be pretty good. There's also other webhosts such as 000Webhost that are well known and trusted for Free Hosting.

JohnC0251

Outrageous that Verizon would cut off FTP service!

Everytime you go to a Verizon site, or open the postal mail, or answer the phone, there is a Verizon sales solicitation but if you want service, Verizon is not there or you spend an hour on the phone punching buttons and waiting and being shunted from one rep to another.

There are many web hosting services that are free, allow FTP and are better than Verizon.

John

0 Likes
Mctiggs

Verizon has just notified me that I need to change the port and the server so that I can continue to get e-mail..  I tried to do that, but discovered that I can only change one port... so now what.  As soon as I changed my servers as directed, I stopped getting e-mails... now I can't access my e-mails... This is not the first time verizon has done this... I'm getting tired of this.  Disgusted subscriber held hostage

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Mctiggs wrote:

Verizon has just notified me that I need to change the port and the server so that I can continue to get e-mail..  I tried to do that, but discovered that I can only change one port... so now what.  As soon as I changed my servers as directed, I stopped getting e-mails... now I can't access my e-mails... This is not the first time verizon has done this... I'm getting tired of this.  Disgusted subscriber held hostage

This topic has to do with Personal Web SIte (PWS) that is available with FIOS subscriptions.  They eliminated the ability of using other then a rather crude web tool to build web pages for your PWS.

Look in the email forum for hints on how to get your email to work.  Do make the changes they do work for all clients reported to date.   if you cannot figure it out how to get yours working after looking there, then post specifics in that forum on your email client and what if anything happens with those changes.