No annual contract offer
cjjjjj
Enthusiast - Level 3

My area is being converted to fios, so I have received several offers in the mail for fios, phone, and TV for 69.99 a month for a year, no annual contract.

i spoke with a rep who told me that if I only got phone and Internet it would be less than my current bill (not quite true, but I'll let that go,) and that it was no annual contract. This is important as I will be moving within the year and don't want to pay a cancellation fee.

however, when I went to the URL on the letter describing the offer, it was for a two-year contract, and this was supposed to be on on-line only offer. It matters because we have also received a switching-to- fios-in- the-area letter, although I don't think they have actually installed it in our building yet.

Before I call them back, has anyone had any experience with this kind of offer? Is it really no annual contract, or is this just a con?

0 Likes
Re: No annual contract offer
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Probably is a 2 year contract if that is what emails said.

Others have said they get a verbal offer but written details say something different.

That is most likely what you are held to.

Re: No annual contract offer
cjjjjj
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for your answer. However, you are incorrect. After multiple phone calls I finally found someone who was able to process the fact that I had received a WRITTEN offer by snail mail and managed to find it. Not verbal, not email. She also realized that written offers have to be honored if they haven't passed their expiration date. I strongly suggest to verizon that they include a reference number with their offers so their sales staff are able to locate them. Before I got someone who knew what I was talking about I was tod everything from a two year to a three year contract. Although I now have a written agreement, I will see what happens when they actually install.

0 Likes