No internet access
Verizon212
My Verizon FIOS modem stopped working and I do not have internet access. I reported the problem and they could not fix it remotely. Now they are telling me that a technician can come after 4 days at the earliest. How can we live without internet for 4 days in these days of communication. Can any thing be done to expedite? Did anyone have similar experience?
0 Likes
Re: No internet access
danabnewell

This is the second time in three months our wifi has not worked properly in our home.  I reset the modem twice still no wifi one floor down.  This is frustrating - I work from home occasionally.  I am switching to Comcast.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

What lights are lit on the router and what color are they?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the router (there is no modem) shows some llights, it may well be the ONT.  Check in particular the lights on it.  Note, often the lights are behind the cover of the user portion of the ont.  Don't open the cover for the Verizon only section.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Verizon21 wrote:
My Verizon FIOS modem stopped working and I do not have internet access. I reported the problem and they could not fix it remotely. Now they are telling me that a technician can come after 4 days at the earliest. How can we live without internet for 4 days in these days of communication. Can any thing be done to expedite? Did anyone have similar experience?

Try restarting the ONT - disconnect the battery back up and then pull the ont power plug.  Wait a while then reconnect power lug and reattach BBU

0 Likes