No internet but Verizon won;t let me out of contract
lionhearted1

it's tru what they say: WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER

Can't get wifi out of small radius of space in bedroom. Verizon came here, told me there was nothing I could do about it (NYC apartment walls are too thick, the Verizon rep told me), then they charged me outrageous price for service call, and now won't let me out of the contract!!!!!!!!!!!!  Unbelievable. There are no words to express how much I hate Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: No internet but Verizon won;t let me out of contract
Menou

You are right. Verizon has the worst customer service. No communication, no update. their client service reps need a lot of training.  I don't think they understand what it means for someone leaving in the US not to have internet for over 72hours.  They put you on hold for over 30 minutes and come back lying to you.  They don't understand that they represent the compagny and I don't think the compgany told them that they are the face of the compagny. 

0 Likes
bbinnard
Contributor - Level 3

If you have a cellphone that supports WiFi try downloading a network anylyzer app.  There are serveral of these that are free and they all give you a virtual meter that shows you what your WiFi signal strength is.  Once you have this take the phone near the router and see what the signal strenght is.  The meter should read well inbto the green area.  Then just walk around with it and see where the signal strength falls off.  

Even if the signal falls into the upper red zone the WiFi signal should still be usable.  It gets pretty bad in the lowere ends of the red zone.  If going into a room adjacent to where your router is located drops teh signal to the lowere end of the red zone you have no choice but to get an extrender device that will provide a fresh signal in that other room.  Walls full of rebar or water/steam pipes can suck up signal strength leaving you with vurtually none.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

If you have coax in another room you can move the router to that room or get a wireless network extender from the accessory store.

0 Likes