No internet for 5 days/ fios employee lied to me
NaimanBK632

So after a long chat I asked a fios customer service supervisor if I could email Verizon directly. He gave me this email and it was not delivered because Verizon doesn't offer e-mail as a way of communication. Well anyway my email is ready so here it is Verizon.

Dear Verizon
      In my neighbourhood the tree fell down because of the storm and caused a lot of trouble with cable tv and internet connection for everyone. My verizon fios was still working until  Saturday, Aug,8. That was the first time I contacted verizon first through the chat and then phone. They scheduled a repair on Monday, Aug 10. Somehow later that day I was back online and on Sunday, Aug 09 my ticket was closed because the issue was "resolved". 
      On Monday, Aug 10 my internet service is down. I contacted Verizon, they made an appointment for Wednesday,Aug 12. On Wednesday I get a call from a Verizon technician and he tells me that he is unable to fix the problem because of the fallen tree on my street. After that I contacted Verizon customer service to find a temporary solution. I thought maybe it would not be too hard for Verizon to provide me with lte hotspot device until I get my fios back or maybe they could get me unlimited data for my Verizon number. Customer service representative of Verizon fios sends me to verizon wireless, they offer me to switch to unlimited plan for my own money. When I explained that I hoped to get complimentary cellular data because I am a Verizon fios customer they just sent me back to verizon fios. Later that day I contacted customer service again and asked for the same thing, 4g lte data shared over wifi. The customer representative said that I have to wait until that tree is removed and then verizon can do their job. He also offered me to get somebody to remove the tree for my own money.
       Next day,Thursday  Aug 13, the city finally removed the tree and I called Verizon customer service as the tree was being removed. Verizon representative said that he will have a technician to fix all the cables the next day on Friday, Aug 14 at 4 p.m. Later that day I decided to check the repair ticket through my fios app. I saw that it was still the old date on the ticket, Wednesday, Aug 12. I entered verizon chat to double check. When I was finally in the chat with Sweta,he/she assured me that someone is really coming on Friday, Aug 14 by 4 p.m
        Today, Friday, Aug 14 no one came to fix the cables. I opened a Verizon chat to find out about the status of a repair. While I was waiting I checked the repair ticket status and saw that my repair has been rescheduled for Sunday, Aug 16. When I was finally in the chat I've tried to find out why nobody came today and why the repair has been rescheduled. The agent said that there was a miscommunication and apologized. However, I am still very disappointed and upset. Since Monday I have had to purchase cellular data three times in the amount of about $60 which is an amount of my monthly fios bill. My requests about temporarily upgrading to an unlimited plan or providing me with hotspot device have been ignored. My child had a last week of his services from DOE due to health condition and he missed those online sessions because I did not have enough data and the speed from a hotspot was not fast enough anyways. I was not able to do my job because the hotspot speed is slow and the data is limited.
    Also, during the chat with an agent today on Friday, Aug 14 I requested to speak to a supervisor or a manager. The agent connected me with supervisor Victor. The supervisor asked to wait while he was going to check the previous chat with an agent. Then he tells me to call the Financial or Collections team because there is an issue with them. I asked what was the issue, Victor could not give me an answer and insisted on contacting the Financial team. Then I tried to explain what my issue was and Victor again insisted on contacting the same department. After I repeated that I only needed a technician to fix a cable going to my house supervisor Victor decided to check again. When he was back in chat he admitted that he was looking at the wrong account and that whole time was giving me wrong instructions. I understand that everybody gets tired but I think it is unacceptable for a supervisor or a manager.
     I am still hoping a Verizon technician to be here on Sunday, Aug 16th and get me back online. Otherwise, I will consider switching to a different provider. I really like Verizon's internet speeds but the way this issue is being dealt should be improved. Especially, when I am being assured twice on a same day that a Verizon technician is coming the very next day and nobody is here. Also, I wanted to remind you that I spend money on cellular data in the amount of my monthly bill ( which is actually paid) and I really to get some kind of reimbursement.
    I hope I could describe all the events that happened to me since I went offline and how I feel about it, considering that English is not my first language. I usually never complain about anything and try to be patient and tolerant but this situation made me really upset. I guess I have nothing else to say. Let's see what happens on Sunday, Aug 16.
P.S :  I also have screenshots of our chats.
0 Likes
Re: No internet for 5 days/ fios employee lied to me
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi NaimanBK632,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes