No internet since 1/19. Tech support no use. Please help!
ozzy11

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone could help me. I was out of the country for about three months and had my FIOS internet service put on hold since 11/7/11. The service was supposed to be restored on 1/19/12. As of today (1/28/12), there is still no internet. Before I left the country, I've disconnected the power supply to the FIOS box and the router. When I returned, I plugged them in. I called tech support and they opened a ticket but it was not resolved. They said my ticket is "stuck" somewhere. I've been calling them everyday since 1/19 with no luck. They did not even give me an estimated time. I basically work from home and without the internet, I'm crippled. Everytime I call support, the rep adds more notes the ticket gets escalated but nothing happens. Today, I even talked to a supervisor and she promised to call me back in 30 minutes but she never called. Sigh! I even called the technician who installed the FIOS box about an year ago (he gave me his card), but he hasn't responded. I'm very disappointed with the customer support.

What are my options? My apartment community does not have any other provider.

I'm able to access the router wirelessly but I'm not able to open any website. The internet LED on the router is not ON. The FIOS box seems to work ok (the green light for battery is on). Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. This is driving me insane.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: No internet since 1/19. Tech support no use. Please help!
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
ozzy11

Thanks for the reply, ornahp. Hopefully, I get a message from someone pretty soon.

What's weird is the ticket they opened (they said it's a "rock" or "raw" ticket) doesn't even have a number associated with it. Everytime I call, I had to explain the whole situation to the rep. And trying to get help from the website is a joke!

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@ozzy1 wrote:

Thanks for the reply, ornahp. Hopefully, I get a message from someone pretty soon.

What's weird is the ticket they opened (they said it's a "rock" or "raw" ticket) doesn't even have a number associated with it. Everytime I call, I had to explain the whole situation to the rep. And trying to get help from the website is a joke!

Probably a "ROC" ticket. (No, I don't know what that stands for.) If that's the case, there's an issue with the flow either within the billing system itself or between billing and your provisioned services. I wish you the best of luck. I'm afraid you're going to need it. 😞

0 Likes