No refunds for past billing errors?
AlexS1

My last 10 Verizon FIOS/phone bills (rounded):  63, 63, 63, 63, 63, 87, 63, 63, 63.

I called Verizon support today and was told that:

1) Verizon cannot issue a refund for the bill that is 3 months old,

2) by paying the bill I agreed to all the charges (never mind it was AutoPay and I trusted Verizon to bill me correct amounts)

Question: is this really official Verizon position, and where can I find it in writing?

Please note that absolutely no changes were made to my service and no promotions expired. Also, exactly the same thing (unexplained spike) happened in December 2015 and at that time I called and received an account credit for that error.

0 Likes
Re: No refunds for past billing errors?
jonjones1
Legend

@AlexS wrote:

My last 10 Verizon FIOS/phone bills (rounded):  63, 63, 63, 63, 63, 87, 63, 63, 63.

I called Verizon support today and was told that:

1) Verizon cannot issue a refund for the bill that is 3 months old,

2) by paying the bill I agreed to all the charges (never mind it was AutoPay and I trusted Verizon to bill me correct amounts)

Question: is this really official Verizon position, and where can I find it in writing?

Please note that absolutely no changes were made to my service and no promotions expired. Also, exactly the same thing (unexplained spike) happened in December 2015 and at that time I called and received an account credit for that error.

https://www.verizon.com/about/sites/default/files/Internet_ToS_01172016_v16-1_Updated%201.13.2016.pd...

This may be it. Or you can contact your states public service commission or Attorney Generals Office for assistance. or try www.fcc.gov and file an onliine complaint.

0 Likes
Re: No refunds for past billing errors?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi AlexS,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes