No web sign in access for Verizon online backup and file sharing - HELP!
WmDolphin

I need to sign-in via web browser to my backup files in my Verizon Online Backup and File Sharing service. The Verizon site redesign redirects the old URL with a sign in to a sales page with no way to reach my stored files.

I contacted Verizon support more than a week ago about this asking for a URL with a sign in option to the cloud, was told that it was a problem affecting many customers (obviously eveyone with the online backup and filesharing service!) created by the redesign and that they would have a page created to allow login within 24 hours. I've heard nothing back and still have no access.

I made very clear that this was a HUGE problem for me, as I'm out of the country and rely on file access, and was on deadline for a critical professional project. The support tech I was on live chat with assured me they were working on it and that he would contact me via email as soon as it was resolved. Lots of apologies, etc. but now, a week later ... still no access and no contact. Astonishingly unprofessional.

When I tried again to find a link and/or contact support on Friday I was given no option to file a support ticket, chat with support or do any other kind of follow up. I've tried every search string option possible, including the name of the service with "sign in" appended (the Verizon nomenclature)--site searches a week ago for the service name returned null results. Web searches produce summaries from the old "My Services" page that include "sign in" but those links now redirect to the sales page that tells me how great it is I'll be able to access my files with a web browser with Online Backup and File Sharing. But no option to access the service.

Has anyone figured out a workaround or have a saved URL that still resolves to a Sign In portal?

I grow more desperate by the day. Thanks for any assistance.

0 Likes
Re: No web sign in access for Verizon online backup and file sharing - HELP!
vhm1

I just wasted a lot of time on this same issue -- it turns out I couldn't find my way into the web application because I normally log into a subaccount, and you have to be logged into the primary. I had tried logging into the primary but apparently hadn't tried all possibilities from there.

So I chatted with Verizon support and got the phone number for Online Backup support, left them a message (because their hold music is so repellent I couldn't stand to remain on the line, maybe that's deliberate) and got called back about four hours later (and a second callback the next day, since I hadn't responded to the the voicemail they left on the first callback).

So here are the instructions (until they change the web site again...)

1. log into the primary account (not a subaccount)

2. click My Verizon

3. click My Services on the left

4. click Broadband Essentials and Extras (right under My Services)

5. click the Manage button next to My Subscriptions

6. click the Verizon Online Backup and Sharing xx MB button

The URL that it lands on is this:

https://vzsharing.verizon.net/application_biz/Secure/Home/Default.aspx

0 Likes