Non-Coax/MoCA Fios Network Extender Options
Coux1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My coax is on the other side of the room from the quantum gateway.  I'd rather not have to do some crazy routing scheme or move the gateway so that I can use the WCB200Q network extender and MoCA network approach.  What other network extenders have people used? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Non-Coax/MoCA Fios Network Extender Options
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Coux wrote:

Appologies for not being more clear.  I'll try to explain things better. 

I'm looking to extend my wifi signal.  Currently, I have fiber optic service.  Other than the current WCB200Q offering, which utilizes coax, what can I do?  My current router/modem set up is not using the coax at all.  Fiber comes straight from the wall into the modem/router.

Any range extender like this would do. No need for wiring. 

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-range-extenders/EX6110.aspx

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure I understand.

How is router connected to ont?

Is it Ethernet?

Moca by definition runs over coax.

There is not a way to connect coax port of router to coax connection without a cable

0 Likes
Coux1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm looking to extend my wifi signal.  Currently, I have fiber optic service.  Other than the current WCB200Q offering, which utilizes coax, what can I do?  My current router/modem set up is not using the coax at all.  Fiber comes straight from the wall into the modem/router.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Coux wrote:

Any range extender like this would do. No need for wiring. 

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-range-extenders/EX6110.aspx

Byraer1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem i bought the model listed it showed up with a coax input and two ethernet outputs. I have just the quantum router and portable ont with it. The fiber line runs into the ont and a wan cable runs out of the ont into the quantum router with no coax at all. The quantum router has crappy range no antenna and i pay for it monthly. 

0 Likes
Byraer1
Enthusiast - Level 1

IF you opted for no cable and just got specifically the internet only package, they give you fiber line running from a new box in basement and a portable ont and the quantum router. The fiber line runs into the ont with a wan cable running out of it into the quantum router.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Byraer wrote:

I have the same problem i bought the model listed it showed up with a coax input and two ethernet outputs. I have just the quantum router and portable ont with it. The fiber line runs into the ont and a wan cable runs out of the ont into the quantum router with no coax at all. The quantum router has crappy range no antenna and i pay for it monthly. 

The extender needs to be connected from the Quantum router with either ethernet or coax. If you have no coax connected to the router then it's not going to work. 

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you don't have TV service, it's easy to use any router you want.  Just get a router you like and plug it into the Ethernet WAN cable from the ONT.  You can then return the rented Verizon router.

Know that Verizon won't provide support past the ONT, but it's unlikely you'll ever have a problem.

Good Luck.

0 Likes