Not Getting Gigabit from ONT Ethernet link
j0eg
Enthusiast - Level 1

I currently have the ethernet port on my ONT enabled and I've tried with the Verizon router, laptops and my ubuiquiti router all auto-neg'd @ 1000 Full but not getting expected speeds. Downloads are hovering between 80-90 mbps and uploads range from 200mbps to 400mbps. 

Any thoughts there? since my original speeds were 75/75, I see the increase. Not sure of the version of the ONT but it's an Alcatel-Lucent installed 4 years ago. 

0 Likes
Re: Not Getting Gigabit from ONT Ethernet link
jonjones1
Legend

@j0eg wrote:

@I currently have the ethernet port on my ONT enabled and I've tried with the Verizon router, laptops and my ubuiquiti router all auto-neg'd @ 1000 Full but not getting expected speeds. Downloads are hovering between 80-90 mbps and uploads range from 200mbps to 400mbps. 

Any thoughts there? since my original speeds were 75/75, I see the increase. Not sure of the version of the ONT but it's an Alcatel-Lucent installed 4 years ago. 

You have me a mite confused.

you either are connected via the Verizon router or with the Verizon router with the other router in access point mode. There cannot be two routers accessing the ONT.

now I would call 1-800-VERIZON and make sure you are provisioned properly. I have the same ONT and I have the Gigabyte speeds within specs.

if worse comes to worse, they can send a tech out to troubleshoot the whole shebang.

verizon fios will not troubleshoot any personal routers. If the fix is through their routers then they have met their obligation.

verizon only guarantees the speed from their internal speed test site. Actual speeds at other test sites will not make them assist you since that would be real net speeds complete with slow downs and time outs etc.

https://www.verizon.com/SpeedTest/instantinternet.aspx

Good Luck

j0eg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, I don't have multiple routers connected @ the same time. I meant I tried each router and connected my laptop directly to the ONT. All of which have low mbps. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@j0eg wrote:

@Thanks, I don't have multiple routers connected @ the same time. I meant I tried each router and connected my laptop directly to the ONT. All of which have low mbps. 

Thanks I was a little perplexed ☹️

I believe the service has not been provisioned correctly. Verizon took 5 days to get mine working as it should.

i would call Fios tech support at 8 am (EDT) and not call after 4 PM (EDT) or you will get foreign tech service which is totally useless. Call when the American call centers are open.

Good Luck