Not Getting Home Page I SET
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

Starting this morning I'm no longer getting the Verizon Trending page as my Home page when I click on the desktop shortcut for this page. This is true for both my IE and Google Chrome browsers. I'm instead getiing the Verfizon page that has pay bill and my profile etc. Verizon might consider this as their home page but I don't. This is happening on 2 different computers Windows Vista anbd XP. This happened once before and it was fixed by the Verizon techs. Evidently something was done by Verizon overnight to cause this change. I can get the Verizon Trending page when I click on the little Home symbol at the top of each browser but this is one more step I have to take. This only happens if I'm signed in for 2 weeks. If i'm not signed in I get the Verizon Trending page when I click on the Verizon shortcut. Both browsers are set for the Verizon Trending page so it's definitely something changed by Verizon overnight.

Holly

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not Getting Home Page I SET
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

Evidently Verizon will be keeping the Pay bill, Profile page,etc. as their home page ,so I no longer am using Verizon as my Home Page--I'm using Yahoo. My email is very easy to get as I have a shortcut for Verizon email om my desktop and also on a line at the top of my computer (a menu bar). Since I have had no replies to my first message about this, I guess most don't care, but I like my home page to have news on it. You only get the Trending page if you're not signed in. Some one else in my family will be switching from the Verizon Pay Bill, Profile page to another Home page with news.

Holly

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

Evidently Verizon will be keeping the Pay bill, Profile page,etc. as their home page ,so I no longer am using Verizon as my Home Page--I'm using Yahoo. My email is very easy to get as I have a shortcut for Verizon email om my desktop and also on a line at the top of my computer (a menu bar). Since I have had no replies to my first message about this, I guess most don't care, but I like my home page to have news on it. You only get the Trending page if you're not signed in. Some one else in my family will be switching from the Verizon Pay Bill, Profile page to another Home page with news.

Holly

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer support forum so Verizon typically won't respond.

One possibility is using older browser versions. Are you using internet explorer?

If so, have you tried other browsers?

Using operating systems that are no longer supported can lead to unexpected results.

Not saying it couldn't be a change Verizon made, but could be your PC as well.

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

Actually I'm using the latest version of Google Chrome as well as an older IE browser. Neither one has worked. I will be getting a new computer this weekend, so it will be tested again, but I'm pretty sure I will NOT be gettiing the Trending page as my Home page even if I set it that way. This happened a few yars ago, and it was changed (after a few people complained) so the Trending page could be set as your Home page, and you could get it as your Home page.  Not many people complain as I don't think too many peope who are Verizon customers keep any Verizon page as their Home page.

There is one advantage to getting the Pay Bill, Profile page as the Verizon Home  page and that is you can see on that page if you have any new emails. Many other home pages put that on thier news, entertainment page, but not Verizon.

Holly

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3
I am now getting the Trending page as my Home page on 2 different computers ( I haven't got my new computer yet) so evidently an employee who's listed on this page, as several are listed, reported this and it was fixed by Verizon. I did nothing to fix it. Holly
0 Likes