Not getting 300/300 mbps speeds.
sabpeter

After the microsoft august 2014 updates were installed I noticed the green light on my nic port on the router was going out and my computer restarted when I signed out of windows 8.1 I got a blue screen with 2 button on it restart and advanced options and I had to reimage from my backup image. Before this occurred in speed test I was getting 300/300 mbps speed. So, I now have my nic cable connected to a usb 3 nic 10/100/1000 adapter. The issue is I'm not currently getting the 300/300 mbps speed in the speed tests I'm getting 20 to 60 mbps downloads speed and 280 mbps uploads speed. Can this be fixed? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Not getting 300/300 mbps speeds.
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I would check the duplex settings and the rwin. is your nic link light displaying your in1gb mode?

0 Likes
sabpeter

Yes,

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Run a network diagnostic, if you could and paste the results here. 

You get that from running a Verizon speedtest @ speedtest.verizon.net/fios300 

afterwards on the right hand side of the page it gives you some links,  one of them is called Run Network Diagnostic Tool

Run that.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your USB3 NIC pushed in all the way, and there's no dust messing with the connection?

0 Likes
sabpeter

Will do I will run this tonight. Thanks I will add the results tonight.

0 Likes
sabpeter

Ran it from the web site got 47 mbps download and 275 mbps upload from the site you mentioned.

Ran the ndt however, waited about 10 mins got nothing from the ndt. I saw the 1 and 0's go acroos however got no results.

0 Likes
MattinNJ1
Enthusiast - Level 3
I had identical issue after the August MS updates. My solution was to navigate to device manager, right click the NIC, and 'uninstall device' (device not driver). Wait 30 seconds or so, and then click the 'search for new hardware' button. Let Windows install the NIC and don't change any default settings. Re-try the FiOS300 speedtest. Hope this works for you too.
sabpeter

Will try this. Thanks for the info.

0 Likes
sabpeter

Try this still only getting about 68 mbps download and 275 mbps upload in the test.

I even tried resetting the router. I hit the reset on the router and no luck.

Should I maybe try going back/ re-order the 150/150 mbps service temporarily, and then going back re-order the 300/300 mbps service in my account?

Just a reminder I'm doing on a usb 3 network adapter a 10/100/1000 adapter.  

0 Likes