Not getting advertised speeds on fios
dbinshal93

I just recently got FIOS yesterday. I have been extremely disappointed with the service. I have 75/75 MB but I am only getting 25-30 MB download and 30 Upload.

0 Likes
Re: Not getting advertised speeds on fios
dbinshal93

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Unfortuantely, it takes a while before your fellow users here can see the attachment you posted. That hasn't happened yet.

In the mean time,  I assume you're testing your speeds via the Verizon speed test, or www.speedtest.net, but are you running the tests on a PC or Mac connected to your router by Ethernet cable or WiFi?

WiFi can have its own set of problems and to see whether or not you're getting the speeds you're paying for you need to run the test on a computer hard wired to your router.

0 Likes
dbinshal93

Yeah I am using speedtest by verizon on my mac. However, I have other devices that measure speed and I also do not get the advertised speed. It is really frustrating because the speeds vary. I just tested now and had 7mbps upload.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@dbinshal93 wrote:

Yeah I am using speedtest by verizon on my mac. However, I have other devices that measure speed and I also do not get the advertised speed. It is really frustrating because the speeds vary. I just tested now and had 7mbps upload.

Are you testing while connected to the routher via an ethernet cable or via Wifi?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Looks like you might be running wireless?  are you wireless?

If so try to connect an Ethernet cable and test. if you're testing that bad while connected via Ethernet then definitely call in for help.  Also there are some links right there on the right hand side after your test.  Try to run the fios optimizer on any windows machines, and or click the NDT and copy and paste those results here.

0 Likes