Not reaching full download/upload speeds
nickdecnu

I got FIOS installed a little over a month ago when I signed up for the service. I signed up for the 20 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up plan. Since the service was installed I have not received either of these speeds. Using the tool on Verizon's site (speedtest.verizon.net) I average around 15 Mbps down and 2 Mbps up and have gotten similar results on speedtest.net and SpeakEasy. I have tried calling tech support several times, have installed a new router (Westell 9100) with the default settings, was told that the hardware was provisioned properly, and am still having the same issue on a wired computer. Just to reitterate this has been the case since the service was first installed.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Not reaching full download/upload speeds
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is UPnP in the router enabled?

If so, I would strongly suggest turning that off.

0 Likes
nickdecnu

UPnP is disabled.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

from your info by your handle. you have both a vista and a mac right?

Do you get the same speeds on both (when hardwired)?

***edit I just re-read your post. You've already replaced the router right? Then I would say it is likely something that a tech will need to be sent out for. you've replaced the router. I assume both computers get the same speeds, and tech support says it is provisioned correctly. So that leaves the cables or ONT.

0 Likes
nickdecnu

Yes both computers are getting similar speeds. Part of me was hoping to avoid calling tech support again given that the last guy all but said I was crazy. But...c'est la vie.

0 Likes
Donald_Linbin
Contributor - Level 1

what site are you testing speeds at?

have you tried resetting the router for 30 seconds with the reset button on the back?

0 Likes